Shining Star

Shining Star

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

MRI

Miraculously they were able to get an MRI scheduled. I got a phone call Thursday morning saying they needed some more information regarding Tacen's Sept. 5th appointment. I said can you please tell when what appointment you're talking about.  They told me that it was his MRI. I didn't complain because that was 3-4 weeks sooner than expected.  After I gave the gentlemen my information I asked him if he could tell me the time. He then transferred me over to radiology and they told me it was at 7:15 am. I asked if we needed to arrive early and they said no just be there at 7:15am.  We were stoked and planned accordingly. 
Saturday we got a letter in the mail from the neurology department saying our appointment was at 6:30am and if we were more than 15 minutes late that would result in rescheduling.  So we replanned and planned to be there at 6:30
Now to today.  Cade and I got up at 5am got things ready, I got Daxon up to eat and then after we had everything loaded and ready to go we got Tacen up and put him in the car knowing he wouldn't be able to eat or drink anything.  We left our house at 5:45am.  We arrived at Radiology at 6:25am.  We got all checked in and they took us back.  We were in our room when a nurse came and said that we were a little early and they hadn't forgotten about us, but they'd have to take the child on the schedule before us back.  Long story short with this part we weren't supposed to be there until 7:15am, our scan wasn't scheduled until 8:15 and they didn't even get it started until 9am.  Poor Tacen.
So we hung out in our room for quite some time, trying to keep Tacen distracted.  They needed to do an IV before taking him back to be put under and do the MRI.  They came in and after trying 6 times, they couldn't get it. Poor Tacen was a total trooper. He held quite still, but cried a lot.  We felt terrible for him.  As usual he hated having the band aide on most of all.  After 6 failed attempts 2 in each hand and 2 in his left arm, they decided it would be better to give him a little gas, then put the IV.  We agreed, Cade went back with him and that went quickly.  Then we waited for an hour.  They told us they'd call when he was out. They called and said he was out and already awake. We felt bad, because we wanted to be there when he woke up.  I guess normally they take a while to come out of anesthesia, but he woke right up as they were taking his vitals.  He was roaring to go. They still had a blood pressure cuff on his leg and the IV in his foot and he wanted those gone.  Then they put a bandage on his foot and he wanted that off.  He walked (quite wobbly) out to the stroller and was ready to go.
He did so well today. He didn't have any problems besides being a little tipsy. He was a live wire all day. He was running around, climbing, getting into things, normal Tacen.  They said it would take up to 24 hrs for the scans to be read. Unfortunately, our Dr. is out of the office until next week, so we are figuring the earliest we'll hear will be Monday.  More to come...

Ps as a side note. We were driving home after the MRI and we were trying to find some place we could get some apple juice for Tacen.  Cade was driving and I saw a pedestrian almost cross the road, I looked up and noticed the light was red and Cade kept driving. Normally I would have said something, but I didn't and Cade drove right through.  Then I looked over and there was a cop sitting right there. Only in Memphis, would you see a cop watch you run a red light and not get a ticket...Needless to say we were worn out at that point of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment