Shining Star

Shining Star

Thursday, November 7, 2013

And then there were 3...


We are expecting our third child, due May 24, 2014.

This was not a decision we came to lightly! We've been so nervous that we might lose Daxon to the same thing that took our sweet Tacen. From the moment he started walking we began watching him like hawks! Each time he'd fall we wonder if that was developmentally normal. Tace had his first regression around 14 months, so we knew we'd need to watch Dax then and when he started teething molars. 
We've watched and thankfully he has done so well mobility wise! I really need Daxon in my life! He's our sun spot! We are certain we'll never feel 100% in the clear, but we are thankful each day to see Daxon developing so well!
We started talking about adding another child. When we were in Utah for Tacen's services I remember feeling overcome with the fact that all I wanted was to have a family and grow old and be surrounded by the ones I love. I understood then that would require us to have more children. We'd always wanted more children. I knew I desperately wanted Dax to have a sibling here! 
As summer came and our discussion  became more serious our fears and concerns arose! With much prayer, fasting and thought we finally found the comfort we desperately needed to move forward. 
Our fears of losing another precious child will always be there! But for now we are putting faith in a loving Heavenly Father and his plan for us and our family! He continues to give us the comfort we need! 
After we found out we were expecting this precious baby I soon realized how scared I was to want this! Because wanting it would make it all the harder on me to lose it. Sometimes it still feels easier to act nonchalant about this pregnancy then to let myself feel the desire we have for another child! 
Not a day goes by that we don't think of Tacen and miss him! There will never be anything that can replace him nor would we want there to be! We love that little boy and are so thankful he's apart of our eternal family! I like to think of him up there with baby tuey(what we will call this one til he/she arrives). I wonder about what they are doing and if Tace is telling him/her nice things about our family! It helps me realize Heaven isn't so far away! So here we are excited and nervous that we are adding to our family!
So far this pregnancy I have been a lot sicker than with the previous two, but things are going well. I always count the blessing of at least knowing if I'm still not feeling well then the baby is still in there making me feel yucky. We've had two appointments and things are looking and sounding (heartbeat of 165bpm) good. We feel very blessed to have this opportunity to add to our family and feel the hand of our Father in Heaven guiding us! 

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Kelsie! I'm so excited for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for you. I still remember that time in the temple not long after he passed when you told me you had been praying and talking to Tacen and telling him that he needed to go find a little baby for me because I wanted one so bad. I think he did a great job picking her out for me. :) you are a great mom and this is a great little blessing for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And that is definitely a story I will never forget. I will cherish that and your strength forever.

      Delete
  3. SO excited for you, Kelsie. I am CERTAIN Tacen is preping this new little one. He's telling him/her how lucky they are to be in your family.

    So, if we're allowed to place bets, I'd say this one is a girl--I was WAY sicker when I was prego with Dani than with my boys. :)

    ReplyDelete