Shining Star

Shining Star

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

On My Mind

Tacen has been on my mind a lot lately. He fills my thoughts often. I miss him. We are just a few short days away from a large move across the country. We will be taking Daxon out of everything he's ever known and moving him to an entirely new place. I don't think this should affect Iszella too much, since she's so small.
As boxing things up and preparing to move has filled my thoughts and actions as of late I keep thinking of Tacen. I keep thinking how this was the last place he was with us. I keep thinking about how I can picture him playing in this home. That he lived with us here. I think of how when we move into our apartment he won't have lived there with us and every house we live in thereafter, he won't live there. I won't be able to picture him in our home.
It's also made me think of how many wonderful memories we've made here and how hard it is going to be to say goodbye. If you had told me 3 years ago when we moved here how drastic our life would change and all that we would go through I would have told you that you were crazy! Yet, here I am.
Change is hard! I have always struggled with change. So it should be no surprise that this upcoming change would be hard. Yet, this time around its a little different. I know we'll always remember Tacen. That it doesn't take a place to hold him close to my heart, but I feel like I'm losing a little piece of him by leaving. And that hurts a little...



3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry Kelsie. We are planning to move in about a year and I've had similar feelings. Although our little Tace never lived in this house, he has a room here and it has remained his room these past 8 1/2 months. Sometimes I just like to go sit in there and think about how things would have been. I think it will be hard to move and take his nursery down. So I'm sure this change is even more difficult for you where Tacen was a very active part of your lives there and you have many memories with him there. I'm so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelsie,

    We miss you guys. My heart breaks for you and your family frequently. I hope your move goes well. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Love ya!

    Linds

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these pictures of him in the mud! What a sweet boy! I hope your move went smoothly. I guess you aren't moving in til tomorrow, but good luck! Tacen is so lucky to have such wonderful parents! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete