Shining Star

Shining Star

Monday, February 4, 2013

Happiness

I was reading the February Ensign and I found this:
That leads them to ask questions such as “Why are you so happy?” or “Why do you always have such a positive attitude?” The answers to these questions, of course, lead perfectly into a conversation about the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. - February First Presidency Message

It really got me thinking. I have been asked since Tacen passed away, "How can you be happy? How are you smiling?" The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and its teachings are what allow me to be happy. I truly am happy in my life! Right after Tacen passed away I didn't realize it as much as I should have, but all of the strength and happiness I found and continue to find are because of my Savior Jesus Christ, My Heavenly Father and His restored church here upon the earth. Through a loving Heavenly Father, he created an infinite plan for us. A plan where we are organized into loving families and where we can be together forever. This life is not the end! This knowledge helps me to have the strength to go on each day. It helps me to know that any of the joys and opportunities we've missed out on now with Tacen we'll have every experience and joy with him one day. It's just been put on hold for now. That brings me happiness! It's not over! Because of my Savior his sacrifice and resurrection all will be made right. And we will have every opportunity with Tacen one day! How can that not make me feel happy? So that's how I smile and show happiness! Because I have so much to be happy about!

2 comments:

  1. You're great Kelsie! Thanks for sharing your testimony. Your words were perfect! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete