Shining Star

Shining Star

Monday, March 23, 2015

A Taste of Modern Medicine


Our children have been sick. Iszella started coughing last Sunday. Then Daxon followed, but he got the blunt end of things. He was whinny and not sleeping! He would just cry to me! He didn't want to play. I finally took him in last Thursday to the Dr to discover he had strep, bronchilitus and a double ear infection. His breathing was at 90%. He wasn't good. We got him on a strong antibiotic and started breathing treatments! That afternoon he only slept for 40 minutes of his nap (he normally sleeps 1.5-2 hrs) and I could hear him coughing and his breathing sounded strained! I got him feeling concerned about how he was doing. The next morning Iszella woke up and sounded worse. We had to take Daxon in for a follow-up appointment so we decided it would be best to get Iszella checked out too. She had strep! Thankfully they're both on antibiotics and making slow but steady progress! 
While at the doctors office I said to Daxon a couple different times, "you need to do (whatever the doctor or nurse was asking him to do). It will help you get feeling better!" In my mind I flashed back to when we were seeking treatment for Tacen. When we were trying to an IV in unsuccessfully and saying something along those same words, "Tacen honey we are trying to help you get feeling better!" Ultimately not being able to figure it out and he didn't get feeling better. Guilt occasionally hangs over mine and Cade's heads in that we couldn't help him get better. No one could. Yet as a parent you're supposed to protect your child. You're supposed to watch over them! You are supposed to make things better when no one can. You as a parent are supposed to watch over them. In Tacen's case there was nothing we could do. We sought out intelligent doctors all over the country and they were stumped! But it still is hard knowing there was nothing more we could have done! We gave him blessings and prayed for a miracle, but that was not our Heavenly Father's plan for us and Tacen! 
As Daxon has gotten feeling better I am so grateful that the treatments we've asked him to do are helping him get feeling better! I'm thankful for modern medicine that can do so much! For a loving husband and father who gave him a blessing! I was so relieved when he woke up the next morning more like himself! I'm thankful he's getting better and it gives me reassurance that Iszella will too! I'm thank for the many things that modern medicine can do even if it couldn't save Tacen. Its reassurance that it was his time to go. I'm ever grateful for the days we get to spend with Daxon and Iszella. 

No comments:

Post a Comment