Shining Star

Shining Star

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Words of Comfort




As I continue to wade through my own journey of grief I have found comfort in these words recently. I've learned it's not something you get over, its something that becomes a part of you!  Each of these have touched me. They've strengthened me in my journey.

"The birth and death of Jesus Christ are so much more meaningful to me now, and I worship Him for His gifts of Atonement and Resurrection. Relying on the strength of the Lord and feeling His love has filled me with faith and blessed me with hope. At times when sorrow seems unbearable, He helps me bear the burden. His love came as an unexpected gift, and it continues to bless me in the most wonderful ways." "Sustained by God's Love" July 2015 Ensign

I can testify of this same feeling. Especially in the days and months just following Tacen's death I know that I got through those most difficult moments because of my Savior. He gave me the strength when I knew I didn't have it within myself. I still have moments when I feel saddened knowing Tacen is not here with us and I know my Heavenly Father and Savior Jesus Christ are what help me to let go of those feelings.

"Joshua 1:9 -  Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for theLord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest."

I hear this recently at a sacrament meeting where the speaker spoke of his older son passing away and I loved it!

"The death of a loved one may come unexpectedly. It is the witness from the Holy Ghost of the reality of a loving Heavenly Father and a resurrected Savior that gives us hope and comfort at the loss of a loved one. That testimony must be fresh when death occurs." Pres Eyring Oct 2015 General Conference 

I can also attest of the light, hope and strength I found in the knowledge the Church of Jesus Christ offers. My testimony carried me through. Knowing that I can see Tacen again is something I hold dear. Its something I need in my life. I need to know I can be with him and I can't wait!


While in sacarment meeting we sung this song and tears came to my eyes as I envisioned this beautiful picture in my mind of my sorrows and grief being gone, my purest joy and desire of being with Tacen again and having my family all together being fulfilled. What a beautiful image! A day when our Savior will reign on the earth and all will be perfect! I look forward to this day.
Hymn # 124 "Be Still, My Soul" verse 3

Be still, my soul: The hour is hast’ning on
When we shall be forever with Lord,
When disappointment,
grief, and fear are gone,
Sorrow forgot, love's
purest joys restored.
Be still, my soul: When
change and tears are past,
All safe and blessed we
shall meet at last.

No comments:

Post a Comment